Enjoy England 4 Star Gold Award. About this Pilley Village Thatched holiday cottage: Sleeps 6 + cot. Regret no pets. Friday or Monday arrival day.
About this New Forest Holiday Cottage; A traditional thatch and cob village cottage with beamed ceilings and every creature comfort. This delightful holiday home is very child friendly and offers three pretty bedrooms - cottage style with sloping ceilings or beamed ceilings, two of which have good sized ensuite bathrooms, plus a baby's cot room, additional first floor bathroom and a ground floor shower room. Enjoy the fabulous beamed kitchen, very well equipped and complete with Aga. All set within a charming cottage garden than fronts a quiet, single track lane - an ideal spot for watching wildlife including foxes, deer and kestrels. Being an old property with quirky preriod features, there are limited head heights in parts of the cottage, the bedrooms & sitting room, as illustrated in the interior images.
Calling all Golfers; Bay Tree Cottage guests benefit from reduced Green Fees at one of the best golf courses in the New Forest.
Location: Pilley is an unspoilt New Forest village situated close to Lymington, Brockenhurst and Beaulieu. The village byways are a favourite haunt of the ponies and donkeys and this holiday cottage is ideally placed for walking and cycling directly from the garden gate. The little village stores and village pub, The Fleur de Lis are within easy strolling distance. Pop in to Lymington (only a fifteen minute trip by car) and explore the cobbled lanes and antique shops, then take in the sea air from the marinas or jump on the Isle of Wight ferry over to Yarmouth for lunch at The George. For the local lowdown, click on 'About the local area' above.
- Entrance lobby with quarry tiled floor.
- Reception hall, with stairway to first floor.
- Ground floor beamed twin bedroom. 3ft. wide single or zip & link beds. Dressing room, fitted wardrobes, en suite bathroom.
- Shower room with separate WC.
- Triple aspect sitting room with three comfy sofas, uninterrupted views across fields, with low beamed ceiling, stone fireplace and gas coal effect fire. 37''LCD TV, DVD, iPod docking station.
- Spacious high ceiling kitchen /dining room.
- dining room. Dining table and six chairs.
- Gas fired Aga, granite work tops, island unit, under counter fridge, dishwasher. Stable door to;
- Utility room, electric combination oven/grill/micro wave, fridge freezer, washing machine and tumble dryer. Tall fridge freezer.
- Bedroom One. 4ft 6" bed. wardrobe, chest of drawers. Ensuite bathroom, roll top bath, large shower.
- Bedroom two. 4ft 6" bed. wardrobe, chest.
- Box room for travel cot.
- Bathroom, bath with hand held shower attachment. Wash basin.
- Separate WC
A five bar gate leading to a gravelled parking area for two cars. Further parking in the lane. Pedestrian garden gate leads from lane via a pea shingle pathway to the front porch. Enclosed front garden with patio furniture. At the rear of the cottage, there is a small hard surfaced area between the cottage and fenced adjacent paddocks. Regret BBQ's are not permitted because of the fire risk to the thatched roof.
Rental inclusive of: Bath towels (not beach) tea towels, bed linen, (apart from cot bedding) all utilities. Rating - Visit Britain 4 star Gold. Personally inspected.
THE OWNERS REQUEST NON SMOKING GUESTS ONLY AND REGRET NO PETS.
Arrival Time 3.30pm - Departure Time 10.00am
Features of this cottage include:
- Peaceful garden setting.
- Ground floor twin bedroom, ensuite bathroom.
- Ground floor WC and shower room.
- Double bedroom with ensuite bathroom on first floor.
- Double bedroom, first floor.
- Little box room for a baby's cot.
- Feather pillows and duvets.
- First floor bathroom, separate WC.
- Sitting room with gas coal effect fire.
- 37'' LCD TV, DVD, iPod docking station.
- Kitchen/dining room. Dishwasher, gas fired Aga.
- Electric combination oven/grill/microwave.
- Tall fridge/ freezer plus under counter fridge.
- Washing machine and tumble drier.
- Washing line, ironing board and iron.
- Travel cot and highchair.
- Gas central heating.
- Garden furniture.
- Parking for two cars in drive.
Walking - endless walks from the end of the lane across Beaulieu Heath.
Golf. Guests at Bay Tree Cottage benefit from reduced Green Fees at one of the best courses on the New Forest. Please email us for full details.
Riding, Ford Farm Stables at Brockenhurst.
Cycle Hire; New Forest Activities in Beauleu High Street, kayaking and more.
Nearest Shops - Pilley Village stores and Post Office, just across the green from Bay Tree Cottage. Brockenhurst village for Tesco Metro. Setley Ridge Vineyard and food shop. Delicious, just outside Brockenhurst, 5 miles. Lymington, M&S Simply Food, Cook, Waitrose and more, 6 miles.
Nearest railway station - Brockenhurst (for London Waterloo) South West Trains.
Local eating - Good pub food at the Fleur de Lys in Pilley village. The Red Lion at Boldre and the East End Arms at East End about 5 minutes drive. Plenty of choice in Lymington. The Pig at Brockenhurst.
Recreation - riding at Ford Farm or Forest Park stables at Brockenhurst. Golf at Brockenhurst, Bramshaw and Hamptworth (30 minute drive). Kayaking on the Beaulieu river and bike hire with New Forest Activities based in Beaulieu High Street.
Worth a visit - Beaulieu Motor Museum and Palace House, Isle of Wight ferry from Lymington.
Best Beach - Highcliffe Castle beach, Mudeford and Avon beach.
- Max number of guests 6 + cot
- 2 Double bedrooms
- 1 Twin bedroom
- 3 Bathrooms
- 1 Shower room
- Sorry, no dogs
- Friday start day for weekly holidays
- Friday start day for weekend breaks
- Monday start day for mid-week breaks
"First holiday taken with some trepidation with a new born, we need not have worried. Perfect. Loved the garden, Aga and general comfort. A lovely week.
Mr M D , Twickenham, September 2012
"We had a fantastic holiday in Baytree cottage which was absolutely beautiful the village and the people were sooo friendly and helpful, would definitely return."
Mrs D.S. July 2013, West Midlands
"Had a fantastic time at the cottage, all the family enjoyed staying here! A week wasn\'t long enough to explore all what The New Forest has to offer. Will return one day!"
Mrs. V.G. August 2013, Surrey
"The cottage and garden were so lovely it could have fallen from the pages of a magazine! We had a fantastic time in this well located and beautifully furnished cottage."
Mrs. S.S. , Surrey. May 2013
"Superb cottage matched by excellent service from the company and housekeeper. We were extremely impressed and hope to return.
Mrs J M, Surrey, July 2013
"A real English village, good pub and close to the coast at Lymington. Great cottage and super walks on the forest.
Mrs. J.A., London. September 2012
"A great place to spend a special birthday, fun to cook on the Aga, beautiful cottage and central location.
Mr R H, Hampshire, June 2013
"A beautiful cottage, a perfect place for exploring the New Forest on foot and cycle. The children loved the ponies, cows, pigs and donkeys.
Mrs F D, Essex , October 2012