Just for two, small dog by arrangement. Regret no other pets. Friday or Monday arrival day.
About this Emery Down Holiday cottage: A really lovely authentic New Forest holiday cottage with a sunny enclosed garden. All newly renovated and furnished; the cottage has a light and bright living area, cosy bedroom and shower room, in a perfect place to relax and enjoy the scenery.
Note the red telephone box in the lane that serves as a visitor centre - it's marvelous - area maps, vegetables and flowers for sale, books and DVDs to borrow! The ponies will be watching your every move, you would think they own the place!
Location: Quietly situated along a no through lane in the sleepy hamlet of Emery Down. Have the perfect break without reaching for the car keys, there is so much to do from the door step. A footpath leads to Lyndhurst village, about a 30 minute walk or 5 minutes by car. Fabulous walking country, a good local pub within an easy stroll, beaches under a 30 minute drive.
- Front door leads to hall; stairs to the first floor.
- Cosy bedroom with views to the lane and over the valley, double bed and chest.
- Shower room, wc, basin and large shower.
- Ground floor; reached by a short set of stairs from the front hall.
- Lower hall with large wardrobe.
- Lovely light living area with oak floors, comfy leather sofa, cosy wood burning stove. CD plus 24" flat screen TV and DVD.
- Very well appointed kitchen area with granite worktops and travertine stone floors.
- Stable door to back garden.
Outside: Easy parking right opposite Clares cottage in the little lane. Sunny enclosed back garden overlooking the valley, patio with garden furniture.
Rental inclusive of: bath towels (not beach) tea towels, all bed linen, utilities and winter fire wood. NFL rating 4 star, personally inspected.
Arrival time 4pm. Departure time 1pm.
THE OWNERS REQUEST NON SMOKING GUESTS ONLY. Small dog by arrangement at £30 per booking please.
Features of this cottage include:
- Direct New Forest access. Ponies in the lane.
- All newly renovated and furnished.
- Travertine stone floors to kitchen areas and shower room.
- Large fitted kitchen area with gas hob, electric oven, microwave, dishwasher. Coffee machine, under counter fridge and freezer.
- Washer dryer.
- Leather sofa, wood burning stove.
- 24" flat screen TV. DVD and CD.
- Carpeted bedroom, standard size bed, hairdryer.
- Sunny garden.
- Bike storage.
Forest Walking. Endless walks directly from Clares Cottage where you can discover the New Forest byways. Footpath at the end of the lane to Lyndhurst village.
Nearest Shop. Lyndhurst village, about a 30 minute walk or a five minute drive. A small Budgens supermarket, good butcher, chemist and numerous other small shops.
Nearest little towns. Within a 25 minute drive, Lymington, set by the Solent with marinas, a cobbled quay and excellent Saturday street market, Isle of Wight ferry. Big town - Bournemouth is about a forty minute drive from the cottage. Historic town - Romsey, lots of independent shops, good restaurants. About a twenty minute drive.
Nearest railway station: Southampton, Lyndhurst Road Ashurst or Brockenhurst.
Local eating. The New Forest Inn Emery Down, a few moments stroll. The Oak at Bank, 5 minutes drive, as is Lyndhurst, or take the footpath from the end of the lane to Lyndhurst, where you will find a good choice of restaurants, cafés and bars.
Riding at Ford Farm Stables at Brockenhurst, Simms Cottage Stables at Wootton.
Golf Courses: At Lyndhurst, Bramshaw and Hamptworth.
Bike hire. From Country Lanes or Cycle Ex at Brockenhurst. AA Bike hire Lyndhurst. Access the extensive designated cycle tracks that radiate across the forest. Forest Activities, High Street Beaulieu.
Worth a visit. Furzey Gardens Minstead. The New Forest Centre and Museum in Lyndhurst village. Both open daily throughout the year. Beaulieu Village, Palace House and the Motor Museum. Bucklers Hard Maritime Museum.
Best beach. Highcliffe Castle beach, Mudeford and Avon Beach.
- Max number of guests 2
- 1 Double bedroom
- Dogs by arrangement
- Friday start day for weekly holidays
- Friday start day for weekend breaks
- Monday start day for mid-week breaks
"We enjoyed our stay - we're back again at the end of August and looking forward to it!
Ms LP, March 2012