Sleeps 6 + child + cot
About this Milford on Sea holiday cottage; A beautifully presented cliff top holiday home for rent. Wrap around balconies at first floor level provide panoramic views from The Needles, Isle of Wight, right around to Old Harry Rocks, Swanage. The Lighthouse is a spacious holiday house sleeping 6 people with a sunny garden room and plenty of outside space. All the ground floor bedrooms have double doors leading out to a covered terrace, with the secluded garden beyond. The lovely first floor reception space offers indoor and al fresco dining whilst looking out to sea.
Location; Lighthouse is situated in an elevated cliff side position, just moments from the light shingle (sandy areas at low tide) beach, lined by colourful beach huts. A ten minute stroll down to the sea side village of Milford on Sea with village green, a variety of local shops and some great restaurants too.
A popular spot for kite surfing and wind surfing, beach walks and fishing, plus an idyllic nature reserve further down the beach towards Hurst Castle. A ten minute drive to Lymington and fifteen to experience the magical New Forest and famous ponies.
A great marine holiday home to enjoy the best of both worlds - spectacular sea views, glorious sunsets and village life. Click 'on your doorstep - the local area' on the tab above to find out more. The owners, Kate and Simon, will leave you their favourite things to do and places to go book, so no need to set off in a daze.
- Pretty courtyard garden leading to the front door and large welcoming hall.
- Laundry room with sink, washing machine and tumble dryer. Sheila Maid for hanging wet suits.
- Ground floor larder, with freezer and microwave.
- Master bedroom, 6ft double bed, built in wardrobes, door to private patio, spacious en suite shower room. Flat screen TV.
- Fabulous second bedroom, five foot double bed, built in wardrobe, en suite shower room, doors to the covered terrace and garden beyond.
- Relaxing third bedroom, standard double bed, wardrobe, doors to covered terrace and garden.
- Family bathroom with freestanding roll top bath, wc and basin.
- Sunny garden room with sofa and chairs. Sofa bed for child under 12. or a fold out bed can be provided in bedroom three.
Easy Stairs with bannisters with half landing leading to the first floor.
- Spacious living area, tri - fold back doors to large balcony. 40" smart TV, DVD, Wi Fi throughout.
- Dining area loverlooking the sparkling sea and the Isle of Wight. Door to balcony and stairway to lower patio and garden.
- Kitchen, light and well equipped. Dishwasher, larder fridge, double electric oven, gas hob, coffee machine. water softener. Roberts radio and IPod docking station.
- Cloakroom with wc and basin
- First floor balcony area, garden furniture, stairway down to the lower patio, with a gate that can be closed from the top. Fabulous for breakfast, sun bathing and evening drinks.
Outside, parking for 3 cars, gated area for bikes and kayaks, boards etc. tarpaulin supplied. Sheltered and enclosed, south facing garden.
Rental inclusive of: bedlinen and towels (exception of beach towels and cot linen). All utilities. Personally inspected, 4 star gold rating.
The owners request non smoking guests please and regret no pets.
Features of this cottage include:
- First floor;
- Light and well equipped kitchen, double electric oven, gas hob. Larder fridge. Coffee machine.Roberts radio, I pod docking.
- Dining room with doors to balcony and breathtaking sea views.
- Living room with tri-fold doors to balcony. 40" smart wall mounted TV, DVD, WI FI throughout.
- Cloakroom with wc and basin.
- Ground floor;
- Large welcoming hall
- Master bedroom with 6ft wide bed, doors to private patio, spacious ensuite shower room. Flat screen TV
- Second bedroom with ensuite shower room, 5ft bed, doors to covered terrace.
- Relaxing third double bedroom, standard bed, doors to covered terrace.
- Ground floor family bathroom and roll top bath.
- Ground floor garden room
- Utility room and larder with under counter freezer & microwave.
- Washing machine and tumble dryer.
- Water softener
- Gas central heating.
- Good mobile reception
- High chair and travel cot
- Fenced storage for bikes, kayaks, boards, tarpaulin supplied.
- Parking for three cars
Cycling; Going Dutch Bicycle hire; in Milford village, enjoy a great day out discovering Keyhaven harbour and on to Lymington.
Sea Fishing; day fishing trips for all ages sailing from Keyhaven harbour. See the visitor book in the holiday house for details.
Beach Fishing; bream, sea bass, rays, whiting, pollock, occassional fine sole and turbot. Night fishing is most productive to feed the family.
Kite boarding at Keyhaven Marshes: On windy days you can see kiteboarders on the lakeside lagoon on the north side of Hurst Spit. Bring your own board.
Local eating, with a choice of award winning restaurants, Milford on Sea has its own annual food festival in April. Delights range from an excellent fish and chip supper to a table by the water at Pebble Beach. Eating out guide in the holiday house. Your nearest bar / restaurant, The Beach House, overlooking the sea, about a ten / fifteen minute stroll away.
Nearest Shops; Milford village, a ten to fifteen minute stroll. Traditional food shops, butcher, baker, candlestick maker, antique shops and more.
Forest Walking; 8 miles to Beaulieu Heath and the nearest New Forest ponies, also easy to access the network of 100 miles off road cycle tracks from this location.
Coastal Walking; Keyhaven and Pennington Salt Marshes Walks: A large area of coastal marsh and mudflats supporting internationally important numbers of birds and specialised plants.
Nearest Town; Five miles to the Georgian streets of Lymington, cobbled quay, marina, traditional saturday market and ferry to the Isle of Wight. Fourteen miles to Bournemouth, for a bit of nightlife, shopping and a deck chair on the sandy beach.
Nearest railway station. Waterloo line, Hinton Admiral 5 miles, Brockenhurst 8 miles. Lymington flyer (little branch line connects with Brockenhurst, five miles).
Worth a visit; Stroll down the beach towards the shD>
Nearby Beaches; Highcliffe Castle beach. Mudeford Quay, jump on the little ferry over to the sandbank, check out the Beach Café.
- Max number of guests 6 + child
- 3 Double bedrooms
- 1 Bathroom
- Sorry, no dogs
- Friday start day for weekly holidays
- Friday start day for weekend breaks
- Monday start day for mid-week breaks
"Lighthouse was excellent in every respect - fabulous location, layout and garden - comfortably furnished, well equipped, very clean but had so many nice touches like soaps and sundries, beach shoes and books. We loved it and have booked again"
Mrs. C.R., Middlesex July 2012