Sleeps 7 + cot. Dog by arrangement. Friday arrival day.
About this Godshill Holiday Cottage; An attached period cottage dating from the late 1700's set within quiet New Forest countryside with a private garden and raised patio. This large holiday cottage is very light and airy with traditional country chic; it sleeps 7 adults with lovely views from the bedrooms. Comfortably furnished in an antique style, Oak Cottage provides Real Country Living with an Aga, terracotta tiled kitchen and inglenook fireplace. The ponies like to gather at the kitchen window to keep an eye on proceedings; they are also keen on an afternoon snooze under the front porch, so best to use the garden gate and back door; you wouldn't want to disturb them! Dogs love Oak Cottage - the forest stretches out literally from the door step.
'Delightful in every way. Best cottage we have stayed in. Warm, pretty, dogs welcome, working Aga, wonderfully situated, helpful housekeeper, tremendous walks on doorstep, great real local pub at Wood Green with very good food. Plenty of hot water, good showers, utility room for feeding cleaning dogs etc. Mr. A. E. West Sussex.
Location: The cottage is set in the most idyllic of locations, in the quieter and lesser known part of the New Forest. The small town of Fordingbridge is within 3 miles and the Cathedral City of Salisbury 11 miles. Godshill is five minutes drive from the village of Wood Green which has a brilliant community shop featuring delicious local produce and a village pub serving good food. The route takes you past some spectacular far reaching views across the winding Avon river valley. Horse riding, fishing, and many other recreational activities are all close to the cottage and with fabulous walking country right on the doorstep. The beaches of Highcliffe Castle and Bournemouth are within easy reach, as is the Solent coastline, Lymington and Beaulieu. Click 'On your doorstep - the local area' above to get the local low down.
- Drawing room, with triple aspect, fireplace with woodburning stove and beamed ceiling. Sky TV, DVD
- Open plan kitchen has a dishwasher, electric hob and oven, Aga, under counter freezer box, small size fridge, microwave.
- Utility room, larder style fridge, washing machine and butlers sink.
- Dining area and conservatory with views over the hills beyond the garden.
- Coakroom with WC and basin.
First Floor: Galleried landing;
- Main bedroom, double bed, wardobe, chest, ensuite shower room.
- Double bedroom, wardrobe, chest. Large sky lights for watching the stars.
- Twin bedroom with forest views.
- Small bedroom with 4ft wide bed, chest, garden views.
- Family bathroom, bath, shower cubicle.
Outside you will find a south facing patio with garden furniture. The lower garden is accessed by steps and is attractively laid out with lawn, shrubs and flower beds.
Bed linen and towels supplied, could Mums bring their own cot bedding please.
High chair, travel cot and stairgate on request.
A dog accepted by arrangement with a £30 charge per booking. Up to two small dogs.
The owner respectfully requests no smoking guests only. Arrival Time 4.00pm Departure Time 10.00am.
Features of this cottage include:
- Character property
- Peaceful location
- Beautiful forest views
- 2 double bedrooms, one is en suite
- 1 single bedroom, 1 twin bedroom
- Family bathroom
- WC and utility room, large larder style fridge, belfast sink.
- Open plan kitchen, Aga, gas hob, electric over, dishwasher, small freezer and fridge. Microwave.
- Conservatory style dining room
- Beamed drawing room, fireplace, woodburner
- Travel cot, stairgate, highchair
- South facing patio
- Enclosed lower lawned garden
- Bed linen and towels supplied
- Central heating
- Pet by arrangement
Forest walking: Fabulous walking country starts right from the door step, whether for a half an hour gentle stroll or a serious ramble.
Nearest little shop: The village community shop in Wood Green village about 5 minutes drive from the cottage,featuring locally produced food.
Recreation: There are two riding stables in the vicinity - Arness Farm and Fir Tree Farm. Two top class golf courses - Hamptworth and Bramshaw, combined with fishing on the Avon, forest life doesn't get much better.
In addition, a Holiday Park is located within two miles distance that offers bike hire, their indoor and outdoor pool are available to non residents outside the school holidays. At the same location, you will find the Tempus Spa, which offers holistic treatments and massage.
Local Shopping: The small riverside town of Fordingbridge is about two miles away, offering a selection of independent shops, banks, Post Office and chemist plus a supermarket on the High Street.
Nearest Towns: Ringwood, Salisbury and Bournemouth are all within a 40 minute drive.
Nearest railway stations: Southampton Central, Salisbury, Brockenhurst.
Local Eating: a few minutes drive to Wood Green village & the Horse and Groom. Just a bit beyond wood Green, The Bat & Ball at Breamore. A short dirve to The Three Lions at Stucton or the riverside George Inn at Fordingbridge.
- Max number of guests 7 + cot
- 2 Double bedrooms
- 1 Twin bedroom
- 1 Single bedroom
- 1 Bathroom
- Dogs by arrangement
- Friday start day for weekly holidays
- Friday start day for weekend breaks
- Monday start day for mid-week breaks
"We had a marvellous holiday. The cottage was super and the location was perfect. We would love to stay there again. Thank you.
Mrs.E.B., London.Sept 2011