Sleeps 8 + 2 infants. Regret no pets. Friday arrival day.
About this New Forest Holiday Cottage: Very stylish and versatile 5 star holiday accommodation; a perfect choice for the extended family or two families holidaying together. The flexible layout provides one double bedroom and two twin bedrooms plus family bathroom on the ground floor with a first floor master bedroom suite. Very child friendly with a selection of books and toys, extensive nursery kit and toddler gear provided.
This contemporary cottage provides a light and airy interior with oak doors, floors and quality fittings. There's lovely forest or paddock views from all windows, and the holiday cottage has its own stable yard with turn out paddocks for your equine friends. The owners can accept up to two horses by prior arrangement.
Location: Enjoying 1.25 acres of grounds and tucked away within the stunning scenery of the New Forest, quiet and secluded yet not isolated. Within 1½ miles of the hamlets of Minstead and Emery Down and 4 miles to Lyndhurst; the great outdoors starts at the garden gate - discover nearby Acres Down with views over to the Isle of Wight, or cycle along the enclosure tracks with a picnic basket on your back. With plenty of opportunity to spot the local wild life from the large picture windows; deer, foxes and hawks are regular visitors.
Remember to shut the gate or you will be sharing the garden with the ponies, donkeys and pigs that congregate outside in the lane, locally known as 'Piglets Corner'. To view what's what, click on 'About the local area' above.
- Double bedroom with 5ft bed. Views overlooking the paddocks.
- Twin/double bedroom: 2 x 3ft zip and link beds, views to the front garden.
- Twin bedroom, views to the side garden.
- Ground floor bathroom, tiled shower unit, bath, WC and basin
- Kitchen/Family room. Fully fitted kitchen incorporating granite worktops, range cooker with electric double sized oven and 5 gas burners. Microwave, dishwasher, fridge freezer, washing machine, tumble dryer available on request. Oak stable door to vine covered pergola and garden furniture.
- Double aspect dining area
- Sitting room, with front aspect, Bang & Olufsen TV, DVD, CD, contemporary log burning stove.
- Hall and front door.
- Master bedroom suite. Double bedroom with 5ft bed. Flat screen TV with Freeview. Door to ensuite bathroom with inset bath, WC and basin. Archway to dressing area with wardrobe space.
Outside: With lots of outside space for a brilliant family holiday. Front and back gardens largely laid to lawn with specimen shrubs and trees. the vine covered, decked pergola that leads from the kitchen, is just perfect for al fresco dining, with garden furniture, built in BBQ. Childrens outside toys, bike, scooter, little tikes car.
Stable yard with three loose boxes, tack/boot room with door to WC and sink. Two post and railed paddocks. Robins Bush Farm is approached via a five bar gate with parking for up to three cars on the gravel drive.
Rental inclusive of: Towels (except beach towels). Crisp white bed linen and fluffy towels, utilities and logs. Rating: 5 star.
The Owners request non smoking guests please and regret they are unable to accept pets.
Arrival Time 4.00pm - Departure Time 10.00am
Features of this cottage include:
- Peaceful forest side property set in 1.25 acres.
- Three ground floor bedrooms.
- Ground floor bathroom, separate shower, bath, basin and WC.
- First floor double bedroom suite, bedroom, ensuite bathroom. Further dressing area and wardrobes.
- Kitchen/family room, range cooker, fridge/freezer, microwave, washing machine, tumble dryer available on request. Smoothie maker, sandwich toaster.
- Dining area.
- Sitting room, woodburner. TV, DVD, CD.
- Decked pergola covered terrace with garden furniture.
- Private garden, BBQ. Ride ons for the little ones.
- 2 Highchairs, 2 travel cots (cot bedding not supplied). Stairgates, bed guard. Steriliser.
- WiFi, BT line for incoming calls.
- On line grocery orders accepted and un packed on your behalf.
- Pre ordered delivery of delicious pre prepared home cooked meals from locally sourced produce.
- Oil fired central heating.
- Gated driveway for three cars.
- Stable yard, with three loose boxes.
- Tack room, cloakroom with basin and WC.
- Post & rail turn out paddocks.
- Livery for two horses by separate arrangement and tariff.
- Direct Forest access.
Forest Walking. Endless walks directly from your garden gate, with beautiful vistas on adjacent Acres Down.
Nearest Shop, Minstead village store. A small Budgens supermarket, good butchers, post office, chemist and other little shops. Cash points can be found in Lyndhurst, about a 10 minute drive from Robins Bush Farm.
Nearest little town. Lymington, about a 30 minute drive. A lovely Georgian town set beside the Solent. Marina and Quay, independent shops, restaurants, bars and cafés. Excellent Saturday street market. Ferry to the Isle of Wight.
Nearest railway station, Southampton or Brockenhurst.
Local eating. The New Forest Inn at Emery Down and the Trusty Servant at Minstead, both 5 minutes drive.
Recreation. Horse riding at Simms Riding Stables at Wootton. Western Riding at Burley Villa.
Golf. At Bramshaw and Hamptworth.
Bike hire. From Country Lanes or Cycle Ex at Brockenhurst and also Acres Down Farm.
Worth a visit. Furzey Gardens Minstead. Open daily throughout the year. The New Forest Centre at Lyndhurst, traditions and heritage museum. Open daily throughout the year
Best beach. Highcliffe Castle beach, Mudeford and Avon Beach.
- Max number of guests 8 + cot
- 2 Double bedrooms
- 2 Twin bedrooms
- 1 Bathroom
- 1 Ensuite
- Bike storage
- Sorry, no dogs
- Friday start day for weekly holidays
- Friday start day for weekend breaks
- Monday start day for mid-week breaks
"Just perfect. I would certainly use Robins Bush again and also I would recommend NFL to friends and family - thanks!"
Mrs. A.C., London. February 2012
"A lovely place and we really enjoyed our stay"
Dr A.T September 2013, Dorset
"Great location!! The house was very comfortable."
Mr S.W October, Berks
"We had a wonderful time largely due to the quality of the accommodation and location, having easy access to the forest and attractions."
Mr. T.J., East Sussex
"The house was absolutely superb, clean and beautifully maintained, in fabulous surroundings and an ideal base for exploring the New Forest and the surrounding areas.The owners made us feel really welcome."
Mr. R.C., Herts.
"My Family, Ponies & I had a wonderfull holiday staying at Robins Bush Farm, you are right on the New Forest which has beautifull walks & hacks.Nice secluded cottage with all the amenities you will need & with just a few short trips to local villages where there is plenty of local pubs & restaurants to eat at. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay."
Mrs. I. K. , East Sussex
"Fantastic property, absolutely beautiful with everything you could possibly need and want. Would be delighted to stay at Robins Bush Farm again.
Mr A D, November 2012