Sleeps 8 + either child under 8, or infant in a cot.
About this Bramshaw Holiday Cottage. Perfect for holidays with extended family and friends; a traditional lodge on the outside but with every creature comfort inside, whilst retaining the country living style. The newly refurbished interior blends period features with a contemporary palette of soft colours and family friendly furnishings. Wood floors, a very swish bathroom with Jacuzzi bath (room for two). Light and bright kitchen/dining room for sociable gatherings, cosy sitting room with log fire and a conservatory to settle down on the rattan sofas and keep tabs on the ponies grazing by the green.
Location: The Foresters Lodge offers the chance to really experience New Forest Living first hand with forest views from every window. Set by the side of a private drive that leads up to a small local hotel, you will feel deep in the forest yet you are only a stroll to the village shop and a 30 minute walk from three Forest pubs. Explore the shady glades, open greens to the front of the holiday cottage, spot the ponies, foxes, deer and badgers that make their way past the windows. Not to mention the piggies and donkeys that stroll up the lane from Bramshaw. Easy access to the 100 miles of off road bike tracks that radiate out across the forest, click 'On your doorstep - the local area' on the tab above.
- Entrance hall, cloakroom, conservatory
- Sitting room with skylights, 32" flat screen TV, DVD, Blu ray. I pod docking. Wood burner.
- Spacious kitchen and dining room, range cooker with gas hob, double electric ovens, dishwasher, tall fridge freezer, microwave.
- Utility room, washing machine.
- Stunning bathroom with jacuzzi bath (room for two) twin basins and corner shower
- The Blue bedroom and ensuite bathroom. 5 ft bed, French doors to garden built in wardrobes, dressing table, sofa.
- The Heather bedroom, zip & link bed, either as 5 ft size or as two singles. Wardrobe, dressing table, window seat.
- The Pale green bedroom, standard size double bed, wardrobe and bedsides.
- Door to a lobby then up a staircase to the twin bedroom, seating area, sky lights, lie in bed and watch the stars. Fold down bed for child under 8 years.
Outside; Large Games Room, WC, kitchen units with fridge. 6 ft slate bed pool table, football table, table tennis and seating, fully insulated and heated. Garden area with lawn and patio, lockable storage for 7-8 bikes, parking for 3 cars. The garden is enclosed with two garden gates and one forest gate, but small children who are keen on exploration should be supervised please. Charcoal BBQ, garden furniture.
Rental inclusive of: bedlinen and towels (exception of beach towels) all utilities and logs in winter. Personally inspected, 4 star gold rating.
The owners request non smoking guests please and regret that they are unable to accept dogs at this property.
Features of this cottage include:
- Forest side location.
- Ground Floor.
- Kitchen/dining room. Range cooker, gas hob, electric ovens. Tall fridge freezer, microwave. Dish washer.
- Utility room - washing machine, clothes drying rack.
- Large bathroom with jacuzzi bath twin basins, corner shower.
- Cloakroom, WC amd basin.
- Sitting room, wood burner, 32" TV, DVD, Blu Ray, Ipod docking.
- Double bedroom 5 ft bed, en suite bathroom.
- Double bedroom standard bed.
- Double bedroom either 5 ft or as 2 singles
- First Floor,
- Twin bedroom
- Travel cot and high chair.
- Iron and ironing board.
- Gas central heating.
- Games room in garden, 6 ft slate bed pool table, football table and table tennis.
- WC, kitchen area, seating.
- Lockable bike storage for 7-8 bikes.
- Garden with patio area. Washing line in garden.
- Parking for three cars.
Forest walking: endless walks from the forest gate, a gentle amble or a full day rambling. Take a short drive up to Fritham, lovely walks and good little pub.
Nearest Shop: Bramshaw village shop, for basics and newspapers. 20 minute walk. The Nisa shop at West Wellow, food, wine, magazines etc. late opening, really good local organic meat and poultry, 10 minute drive.
Local dining: The Bell and Green Dragon at Brook, under a 5 minute drive. The Lamb pub up at Nomansland under a 10 minute drive. The White Hart at Cadnam, 10 minute drive.
Fine Dining: Terra Vina at Woodlands, Lime Wood at Lyndhurst, both a 15 minute drive. The Pig at Brockenhurst, 25 minute drive. The Mirabelle French restaurant at Nomansland, under a 10 minute drive.
Nearest Little Towns: Historic Romsey with ancient Abbey, Waitrose plus little independent shops, good choice of restaurants and cafés, about a 15 minute drive. Lymington, set by the Solent, great street market on a Saturday, explore the Marinas, ferries to Isle of Wight, 30 minute drive. Salisbury and Winchester - cathedral cities, 30 minute drive, both ideal for strolling around, lots of history and interesting shops.
Nearest Railway Station: Southampton Central. Lyndhurst Road (Ashurst).
Golf: Bramshaw Golf course, 5 minute drive. Hamptworth Golf course, 15 minutes.
Bike Hire: New Forest Activities, Beaulieu High Street. Cycle Ex and Country Lanes Brockenhurst.
Cycle Tracks: 100 miles of designated tracks to explore, just a five minute bike ride away.
Worth a visit: Lyndhurst, The New Forest visitor centre, Furzey Gardens at Minstead. Beaulieu Motor Museum and Palace House. Mottisfont Abbey and Gardens, National Trust, Romsey.
Best Beach: Highcliffe Castle Beach, Mudeford Quay and Avon beach, within a 50 minute drive.
- Max number of guests 8 + 1 child
- 2 Double bedrooms
- 2 Twin bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Sorry, no dogs
- Friday start day for weekly holidays
- Friday start day for weekend breaks
- Monday start day for mid-week breaks
"A really lovely picture book cottage, nestled at the edge of a copse.
The children can certainly 'play out' here, plenty of open forest to explore straight from the doorstep. Come home to a cream tea with lashings of ginger beer.
The Ladies at New Forest Living, March 2012