Sleeps 7 + Child + cot. Dog by arrangement. Saturday or Tuesday arrival day.
About this New Forest Holiday Cottage. A charming family-sized house close to Lyndhurst; we hardly recognised the Old Post Office and stores at Emery Down - all very stylish yet still retaining the original village house atmosphere. Fabulous valley views from the first and second floors, all newly refurbished, oak floors, spacious kitchen, living area for entertaining, sparkly bathrooms and a spacious Master bedroom suite on the second floor. Room with a view - open up the folding doors by the dining table and enjoy summer evenings with a glass or two.
Location: Quietly situated along a no-through lane in the sleepy hamlet of Emery Down. Have the perfect New Forest break without reaching for the car keys, there is so much to do from the door step. A footpath leads to Lyndhurst village, about a 20 minute stroll or 5 minutes by car. Explore the extensive forest tracks, lunch at the village pub, or pack a picnic and head for Highcliffe Castle beach - under a 30 minute drive. Click the tab above, 'About the local area', for the local lowdown.
- Entrance hall with oak staircase to first floor, through to an open plan living area;
- Spacious kitchen with limestone floor, granite surfaces. range cooker, American fridge/freezer. Dishwasher, wine cooler.
- Dining area with oak floors, bi fold doors over looking the decked terrace.
- Wall mounted flat screen TV, sofa and chairs, cosy wood burning fire.
- Spacious utility room with limestone floor, washer dryer, sink area. Cloakroom, wc and basin.
- Integral garage for buggy and bike storage.
- Sitting room with panoramic view across the valley. Wall mounted flat screen TV.
- Bedroom two, standard size double bed and ensuite shower room.
- Bedroom three, standard size twin beds.
- Bedroom four, single bed with pull out bed suitable for child.
- Family bathroom, bath with shower screen.
- Master bedroom with five foot bed and ensuite bathroom and separate shower. Built in wardrobes, a very spacious room, flat screen TV and super views.
Outside; Easy parking right opposite the holiday cottage in the little lane. Sunny enclosed back garden overlooking the valley, raised decked area with garden furniture.
Rental inclusive of; All bed linen, towels (except beach towels) utilities and logs. Rating: 4 star gold. Dog by arrangement at £30 per booking please.
Arrival Time 4.00pm - Departure Time 10.00am
Features of this cottage include:
- Village setting, ponies in the lane.
- Wi Fi.
- Open plan ground floor kitchen/living area.
- Ground floor cloakroom and utility room.
- First floor sitting room.
- First floor double bedroom with ensuite shower room.
- First floor twin bedroom.
- First floor single bedroom, with pull out bed for child.
- First floor family bathroom.
- Second floor Master bedroom with ensuite bathroom.
- Central heating.
- Underfloor heating to ground floor living/kitchen area.
- Cast iron wood burning stove in the living area.
- High chair.
- Travel cot.
- Decked patio and enclosed garden.
- Integral garage for buggy and bike storage.
Forest Walking. Endless walks directly from The Old Post Office where you can discover the New Forest byways. Footpath at the end of the lane to Lyndhurst village.
The Nearest Shop, Is in Lyndhurst village, about a 20 minute walk or a five minute drive. A small Budgens supermarket, a good butcher, chemist and numerous other small shops. Cafes, Antique shops, and lots more.
Nearest little towns. Within a 25 minute drive, Lymington, set by the Solent, Marinas, cobbled quay and excellent Saturday street market. Isle of Wight ferry. Big town - Bournemouth about a forty minute drive from the cottage. Historic town: Romsey, lots of independent shops, good restaurants. About a twenty minute drive.
Nearest railway station. Southampton Central, Lyndhurst Road Ashurst or Brockenhurst.
Local eating. The New Forest Inn Emery Down, a few moments stroll. The Oak at Bank, 5 minutes drive, as is Lyndhurst, or take the footpath from the end of the lane to Lyndhurst, where you will find a good choice of restaurants, cafés and bars.
Riding at Ford Farm Stables at Brockenhurst, Simms Cottage Stables at Wootton.
Golf Courses; At Lyndhurst, Bramshaw and Hamptworth.
Bike hire. From Country Lanes or Cycle Ex at Brockenhurst. AA Bike hire Lyndhurst. Access the extensive designated cycle tracks that radiate across the forest. Forest Activities, High Street Beaulieu.
Worth a visit. Furzey Gardens Minstead. The New Forest Centre and Museum in Lyndhurst village. Both open daily throughout the year. Beaulieu Village, Palace House and the Motor Museum. Bucklers Hard Maritime Museum.
Best beach. Highcliffe Castle beach, Mudeford and Avon Beach.
- Max number of guests 7 + child
- 2 Double bedrooms
- 1 Twin bedroom
- 1 Single bedroom
- 2 Bathrooms
- 1 Shower room
- Dogs by arrangement
- Saturday start day for weekly holidays
- Saturday start day for weekend breaks
- Tuesday start day for mid-week breaks
"Our 2nd visit - lovely cottage with super facilities and comfy beds."
Mrs D.M October, Surrey
"A super house, one of the best we have stayed in, lovely housekeeper who made us so welcome."
Mrs. F.S., London
"A lovely place to stay in a lovely area. Comfortable house and we had very good weather, plenty of birds for twitchers !!"
Mr. C.W., Kent. Feb. 2012
"New to our Collection for 2012, great house, great location. A real taste of New Forest life, ponies in the lane, good village pub, super walking and cycling country and less than a thirty minute drive down to the beach. Brilliant."
The ladies at New Forest Living,
"Great location, beautiful spacious house with plenty of room for us all including grandparents, small children and dog! Very high quality accommodation with so much to do on the doorstep."
Mrs. H.F., Hertfordshire. April 2012
"Our very own New Forest holiday home, if only for just a week !!! Wish we could move the family down permanently. Children loved the daily preamble by the ponies past the cottage and the village pub served very good food."
Mrs J.A, London January 2012
"My family and I spent the weekend at The Old Post Office, Emery Down. The property was beautifully appointed, spotlessly clean and more than exceeded our expectations.
Infact the whole process of enquiring about and then booking the house was handled in a professional and efficient manner by staff that were well informed and helpful.
Many thanks to the owners of The Old Post Office and yourselves for helping to make our holiday so enjoyable ~ we hope to book with you again soon.
Mrs. L.B., May 2012